Ethos and Values
At Bensham Grove Nursery School we want our children to be confident, motivated learners who enjoy challenge and confidently take ‘risks’ in their learning. We want children to see how exciting and enjoyable it is to learn with and from others. We want children to have a ‘voice’, make contributions and have an active role in their learning. We want all children to realise their full potential and to know they are valued for the amazing and unique person that they are.
At Bensham Grove Nursery School we …
- Develop positive relationships with children and their families that are based on mutual respect
- Continually reflect on children’s needs and interests ensuring adults are responsive in their approach and meet the specific needs of the children
- Embrace the diversity of each child, their family and our local community
- Create a safe and welcoming environment where all children’s contributions are valued
- Provide an enriched, exciting and motivating learning environment
that engages and involves children in many varied learning experiences within this.
Rights Respecting School
At Bensham Grove Community Nursery School the diversity of individuals and communities is valued and respected. Through our work we aim to place the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) at the heart of a school’s planning, policies, practice and ethos. The children at Bensham Grove Community Nursery play an active role in their own learning, developing the confidence to say what they think in all matters that affect them. We aim to help our children become caring and responsible citizens both in school and in the wider local community. The UNICEF’S Rights Respecting Award is recognition of our school as a Rights Respecting School.